Friday, March 25, 2011

A day I will be celebrating my whole life

Today is a great day.  A very special little girl will be born today (any minute).  To add to that special-ness, it's Janet's (Steve's Mom) birthday too!  Samantha, I can't wait to meet you and love you forever!   I am very eager to celebrate both lives in the next week or so!


 



This week we got to see our engagement pictures and they are beautiful! 






Things have been coming together so nicely and it makes me feel very reassured about our big day.  We still have to plan our honeymoon and once that's done, there will be nothing more to stress about! 

I should have documented all the vendors I've hired and when just to see the timeline.  Just this week, I ordered my shoes, made an appointment to get my dress altered, hired a make-up artist, and hired another Etsy artist for something I can't disclose yet.  This wedding stuff just fascinates me.  It is such a money-making, detail-oriented, feeling-stirrer-uper event!  I tell myself I need to keep focused on Steve and myself....work on our relationship and making the best out of our time together.  All the wedding details are materials and it's US we are celebrating.  No fuss!




"Do you want me to tell you something really subversive?
Love really is all it's cracked up to be. 
 That's why people are so cynical about it.
It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for,
and the trouble is, if you don't risk everything,
you risk even more."
Erica Jong
 

 

 

I had a great drink while watching the sunset with my Mom in Newport beach. 

Caipirinha

Ingredients

  • 2 limes, ends trimmed off and cut into medium-sized wedges
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 2-3 tablespoons cachaça (adjust amount to taste)
  • Ice cubes

Directions

Using a muddler, or the end of a wooden spoon, mash the limes with the sugar, making sure to squeeze all the juices from the lime and to dissolve the sugar in the juice.
Transfer the lime mixture to a shaker. Add the cachaça and ice cubes. Shake well (8-10 times) and pour into a large, but not tall, glass.





Cheers to new life, another year, a new beginning and many precious moments to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment