Friday, March 11, 2011

Sweet emotions

I'm having a mixed emotions day!  Last night, a tsunami hit Japan and caused terrible damage and loss of life.  The storm made it's way over to Hawaii and California.  When I read the news that it was headed towards where my parents live, I was so scared.  I got in touch with my Mom right away to ensure she was safe and out of harms way.

On the other hand, I feel so grateful for all the people I have been blessed with.  I'm not sure if I'm feeling this way because of the fear or the knowledge of this tragedy, whatever it may be because of, I am aware.
I know that I am extremely blessed for so many things.  I do my best to never take advantage of my family, friendships, privelages, health, job, freedom.  I've learned a lot over the past couple of years.  Maybe sometimes we learn from the devastation of others, maybe that's why tragedies exist...so that we can learn from them and appreciate what's left when they are gone.

"So this is my life.
 And I want you to know that I'm both happy and sad 

and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be."
-Stephen Chbosky

No comments:

Post a Comment